Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Review: The Rancher's Secret Child by Brenda Minton


My rating: 3 stars / I liked it



Synopsis

Can he cowboy up for fatherhood? 
He had no room for love...until now. 
 
After meeting the son he never knew he had, Marcus Palermo's simple life turns upside down. Complicating things further is Lissa Hart, the boy's lovely guardian. She'll help him become a parent--but falling for a gruff cowboy is not in her plans. Will she realize her future lies in Bluebonnet Springs with the rugged rancher?

My Review

The secret baby trope isn't my favorite because I get really sad at the thought of the baby stages and childhood years missed by the father. I think there is real grief for him to go through at missing that special growing up time. Marcus comes from a dysfunctional family with an abusive and tyrannical father, so I can see how scared he would be to give fatherhood a try. Lissa wants to make sure he really is ready and able to be present in the life of Oliver, and even though Marcus can take Oliver away from her, they realize how important it is for them both to be in his life. I was happy with the healing that took place and look forward to more from the Palermo family.
 
Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.

Check out the other books in the Bluebonnet Springs series . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!