Monday, November 14, 2022

Review: Merry Ex-Mas by Courtney Walsh


My rating: 4 stars / I really liked it



Synopsis

I haven’t been home for Christmas in eight years.

But that’s about to change. This year, I’m traveling to my small hometown to convince my producer to make me the permanent host of Good Day Denver.

The plan: Charm viewers by sharing my favorite family Christmas traditions, and in turn, get the likes, clicks and shares to land the job.

Not the plan: Running into my ex-boyfriend.

In my house.

For Christmas.

But here he is, a guest of my mother, who apparently had more trouble letting go of Max Weber than I did.

Unfortunately, he is as handsome and charming and talented and annoying and frustrating and flirty as ever.

Even more unfortunately, he seems to have a plan of his own—to convince me to give him a second chance.

Which is not happening.

There’s just one problem—my viewers love him. More than that, they love us. Me and Max. My ex.

The boy who broke my heart.

The boy I now have to fake flirt with to win over the hearts of my viewers.

But it’s not their hearts I’m worried about. . . it’s mine.

Merry Ex-Mas is a sweet, small town, second chance romance with a dash of not-so-fake flirting, a tiny bit of enemies to lovers and just enough forced proximity to make things sizzle.


My Review

As expected, this author delivered all the banter, angst, emotion and romance that she is known for! Marin has every right to feel so hurt and angry at Max, but as the layers unfold we learn more about the breakup and why things went down the way they did. Max is such a great character, and he really gives Marin a run for her money, especially with a live audience watching! I love how he takes the opportunity to win her back, and his sincerity in not "faking it." Marin's Christmas special in her hometown forces her to realize how much she misses her family and what she is giving up by chasing her career. Marin and Max's reconciliation is rocky but full of fun moments as they finally give each other another chance and save the special connection they have.  

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!