Monday, October 9, 2023

Review: My True Love Gave to Me by Karen Witemeyer



My rating: 4 stars / I really liked it



Synopsis

The Twelve Days of Christmas get a romantic Texas twist!

Anna King has pledged her heart to Simeon Shepherd, but her father refuses to grant her hand to the young farmer. Simeon determines to be patient and earn David King's respect over time with hard work and evidence of his ability to provide. However, when a wealthy new suitor arrives in Bethlehem, Texas to woo Anna with her father's support, patience is no longer an option. Simeon has twelve days before Christmas to best his rival and prove once and for all that
he is Anna's true love.

A fun, quirky read that is short enough to squeeze into even the busiest holiday schedule.
My Review

This short and sweet novella is just right for the holidays! I loved Simeon's creativity in demonstrating his love and devotion to Anna. His whole family is involved and pretty soon the whole town too, and Anna takes such pleasure in figuring out the daily gifts. I bet the author had a blast coming up with ways to turn The Twelve Days of Christmas into historical Texas-themed items! Anna and Simeon's relationship is already established and strong when the story begins, but I would have loved a bit more development of their romance. I think I felt the lack because Simeon had to stay away from Anna while she gave her new suitor a chance (which he never really had). Overall, a delightful and uplifting Christmas-themed story!

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!