Monday, August 8, 2022

Review: An Amish Harvest by Patricia Davids



My rating: 5 stars / It was amazing



Synopsis

Nursing His Heart

When Amish carpenter Samuel Bowman is injured in an accident, he fears he'll never see again. He's always provided for his family—and now that it's harvest season, the Bowmans are needed in the fields, not at his bedside. So when a young Amish widow becomes his nurse, Samuel expects Rebecca Miller to make his life easier. But his caregiver is bossy, outspoken and challenges him to move on with his life. Though Samuel's sight is in question, he can plainly see the woman he's come to care for won't let herself love again. Now it's Samuel's turn to heal her heart.


My Review

I've added a new author to my favorites list! I loved the way we got to know Rebecca and Samuel, with their strong personalities, flaws, and heartaches. Rebecca would rather laugh than cry, and finds great fulfillment in being a caretaker. I could understand Samuel's despair as he recovers from painful burns and waits to see if his sight will return, while worrying over the effect the accident is having on his family's livelihood. Rebecca challenges him in just the way he needs, which also provides entertainment for his family and the reader ;) Rebecca is facing pressure to marry again, but her fear of loss is overwhelming. I felt like she was able to hide from the future in serving others, because her jobs are temporary and she isn't committed to anything long term. The members of Samuel's family are quite likeable, even Samuel as he becomes stronger and begins to find happiness again. I liked the way their romance unfolded slowly as they experienced each other at their worst and best and everything in between. I loved their scenes together by the river where they were the most genuine. I grew just as attached to the Bowmans as Rebecca, and I can't wait to read more in the series!

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.

Check out the other books in The Amish Bachelors series . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!