Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Review: An Amish Baby for Christmas by Vannetta Chapman


My rating: 4 stars / I really liked it



Synopsis

With a baby on the way...
can this struggling widow save her home?


In danger of losing her farm after her husband's death, Abigail Yutzy needs help--even if she can't afford it. At her bishop's insistence, property manager Thomas Albrecht pitches in to aid the pregnant widow. With his troubled past and her shattered heart, their arrangement must stay business only. But their uneasy holiday alliance might just heal both their hearts...


My Review

I'm really enjoying the Indiana Amish Brides series! The author has a way of bringing emotion to her characters, and I quickly become invested in their story. Abigail is grieving, overwhelmed, and at her wits end. Thomas excels at finding solutions, and as they work together to find options for Abigail's future, a friendship blossoms and sweetens into something more. I loved how Thomas gave her the support and empowerment she missed in her marriage, and she became stronger with each step forward she took. The wisdom of the bishop is the quiet, encouraging type, and I appreciated his style of leadership and service. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series!

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!