Friday, December 16, 2016

Review: Bible Origami by Todd Huisken


Heidi Reads... Bible Origami by Todd Huisken

My rating: 4 stars / I really liked it

http://www.amazon.comhttp://www.barnesandnoble.comhttp://www.goodreads.com

Synopsis

Keep your children's hands busy during church services with Bible Origami. Instead of folding the service programs into paper airplanes, they can fold Noah's ark, an oil lamp, or Joseph's coat! As you develop the unique skill of creating these simple-to-intermediate origami designs, you will find opportunities to use them with all ages for lessons, activities, crafting, and everyday fun!

My Review

What a fun way to make scripture stories come to life! I love using my hands and creating with paper, so I knew this was an activity I would enjoy. I tried three designs to start, one from each skill level. I found the directions and diagrams in the book to be clear and easy to understand. Each page also has interesting "Did you know?" facts relating to the object of the scripture story being created. The index has the projects organized by skill level since the contents of the book are in order of the Old and New Testament. I would recommend using origami paper since I find it easier to fold than regular printer paper, and they come in a perfect square. There are twenty four designs in the book and most of them I find interesting, although some seem a little vague, like manna and the bread loaf. I'm looking forward to using this as an activity in the senior primary class I teach!

The designs I created are Burning Bush (skill level 2), Star of Bethlehem (skill level 3), Fish (skill level 1)

(I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher; all opinions in this review are my own)

Check out some more designs from Bible Origami...
Fox from Noah's Ark

Joseph's coat of many colors
 Lion from Daniel in the Lion's Den

 Manger and Baby Jesus

Star of Bethlehem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!