Saturday, September 7, 2024

Review: Date with Danger by Jenessa Fayeth


My rating: 5 stars / It was amazing



About the Book

I, Amelia Quinn, am dating again.

I must be out of practice though because I sat down at the wrong man’s table…and kissed him. And now I’m wrapped up in the middle of an FBI case… DREAM COME TRUE!

Except the super sexy agent doesn’t want my help solving this case.

I, Caleb Harris, am a stupid, stupid man. Nothing says rookie agent like kissing a civilian just to get rid of her.

But somehow that didn’t even work because she keeps showing up wherever our suspect is. And now, I’m not so sure she’s innocent in all this. Especially when someone ends up dead.

Date With Danger is a closed door, light hearted, romantic comedy with mystery and suspense.


My Review

So. Much. Fun. Earlier this year I had binge-watched all episodes of the TV show Psych, and it was awesome to get all the references the author slid into the book! There is plenty of comedy, and the author hit that perfect balance of quirky and clever, and added to it great banter, fabulous chemistry, and a suspenseful plot. An undercurrent of angst and character growth didn't take the spotlight, but added a layer of depth that I always appreciate in rom-coms since it helps me feel a connection to the emotions rather than just feel like I'm watching an entertaining fluff movie. Don't get me wrong, though- it was SO entertaining! I love when a book can make me laugh out loud, which isn't all that often. Highly recommend for readers who need some hijinks and romance with their mystery!

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!