Sunday, September 24, 2023

Review: Pause by Taylor Dean



My rating: 5 stars / It was amazing



Synopsis

Marin and Blu, a lifetime for two.

Such a cute rhyme for our wedding invitations. Until my wedding day didn’t happen.

I felt sure my life was over and there was nothing left for me except heartache and loneliness. I had a lot to learn. About life, love, and loss.

When I heard Blu took off on our honeymoon trip by himself, I decided to make an escape as well. I needed to pause my life, take time to heal. Breathe. Laugh. Feel the sun on my skin.

Marin and Blu, boo hoo.


I wasn’t expecting to meet Slade Sheridan on the heels of losing the false love of my life. He erased my grief and drew a picture-perfect future of us together. I thought I knew love. Turns out, we’d never even met before. Until now.

Blu who?

But when Blu makes a reappearance, my hasty actions threaten to destroy my new love. I know which man is the one for me. I have a new rhyme planned for my life.

Marin Sheridan.

Slade’s the one for me.

Right?


My Review

Poor Marin! She is blindsided by Blu's sudden abandonment, and encouraged by her support system of family and friends to take some time off for herself to grieve. She breaks down in front of a cute inn- wedding dress, streaked mascara, and all, and is rescued by Slade, who is too good to be true! I appreciated how they took their relationship slowly, keeping in mind the trauma Marin is recovering from. They are so sweet and fun together, and I absolutely loved it as they built a foundation for their romance. Marin feels things so intensely, but as much as Slade helped her heal and experience a different kind of relationship (fun and caring), and she did her best to not bury her emotions about being left at the altar... her resentment towards Blu comes raging back at the most inopportune moment. A lovely angsty romance with a strong supporting cast and amazing setting!

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!