Friday, July 22, 2022

Review: Kidnapped in Alaska by Beth Carpenter


My rating: 4 stars / I really liked it



Synopsis

From hiking and camping…
to hiding from kidnappers!


Alexis Mahoney is prepared for bears and bad weather on a rafting trip, not kidnappers trying to snatch her niece! Or needing to trust a wilderness recluse to keep them safe. Zeke Soto lives alone, haunted by the past. But when Alexis and Keira stumble upon his cabin, he offers protection—a dangerous move, because someone has no intention of letting the pair get off the mountain…


My Review

I was entertained the entire journey that this book took me on! I loved the wilderness adventure and the independence of Alexis with her capability and determination. Her niece may act like a typical teenager, but she is also quick and smart enough to help her aunt as they escape danger. Zeke is a loner, trying to cope with overwhelming emotions by retreating from society. I admired that he overcame his instincts of self-preservation in order to protect Alexis and Keira. They became a great team and I loved the details about homesteading in Alaska. There was a good balance throughout the book of a quick pace with the action and a slower pace as the character development happened. I always appreciate the thread of faith woven into Love Inspired books that provides hope and healing for the characters and I feel a connection to their values. This is a great read for fans of suspense and an exciting wilderness setting!

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!