Monday, August 9, 2021

Review: Letters to Katie by Kathleen Fuller


My rating: 3 stars / I liked it

http://www.amazon.com http://www.amazon.comhttp://www.barnesandnoble.comhttp://www.bookdepository.comhttp://www.goodreads.com

Synopsis

Everything changed between them the first time he called her Katie.

Katherine Yoder has loved Johnny Mullet since the two were children, but he’s never returned her affections.

Now Johnny is trying to forge a new life for himself by purchasing a farm and building a business of his own. But times are tough, and he soon learns that he can’t take anything for granted—especially Katherine.

Before Johnny has the opportunity to tell Katherine his true feelings, she’s struck by a serious illness. While Katherine struggles to recall recent memories of Johnny, a surprise visitor comes back into her life, claiming that his letters speak of a history and a future for the two of them.

With the two men vying for her attention and her memory still elusive, Katherine has never felt so torn. But will the solutions to both Johnny’s and Katherine’s problems lie in places neither one has ever considered?


My Review

It seems like there was a lot of history between these two that we don't read about in the book. The narrative referred to a few instances, but there were awfully strong feelings for not much interaction. Johnny and Katherine both had a lot of growing up to do, and I was about to give up on them when they finally made some progress. I didn't expect some of the twists, and by the end of the book I was glad for the journey they went on and the important lessons they learned along the way. I didn't read the first two books in the series and a large part was taken up by a continuing story from the previous book, so I didn't feel as much of a connection to those characters. There are also points of view from several characters, which I didn't care for- I think my limit is three or four, and this one had at least six. I recommend reading the series in order for sure!

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.

Check out the previous books in the Middlefield Family series . . . 
 


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!