Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Review: Courting The Cowboy by Carolyne Aarsen



My rating: 3 stars / I liked it



Synopsis

Meeting the Cowboy's Family

Looking for inspiration, artist Ella Langton rents a cabin in the isolated Porcupine Hills of Alberta. She didn't count on having neighbors, but rancher Cord Walsh and his three children are just a stone's throw away. Still healing from a tragic accident, Ella has no plans of reaching out, but she's having a hard time keeping them out of her yard...and her thoughts. And when little Suzy ropes Ella into helping her with an art project, she can't help her growing feelings for the girl's rugged daddy. With three persistent children, Cord and Ella may find their fenced-off hearts opening up sooner than they thought!


My Review

I took me a bit to understand Ella, yet as each layer was revealed I loved how her journey took her from darkness to light. It was a process for her to embrace a new perspective with the unsolicited help from her overworked neighbor Cord, his friendly children, and his matchmaking father. As an artist I love when the main character is also creatively inclined, and it was interesting to see the various elements and influences of the art world and the pressure on her production and mental health. The pace of the narrative isn't always smooth, and I wished for more development of the romance between Ella and Cord to be shown. Overall it was a sweet read and I loved the happy ending.

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.

Check out the books in the Cowboys of Cedar Ridge series . . .








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!