Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Review: The Lumberjack's Bride by Pam Hillman


My rating: 4 stars / I really liked it



Synopsis

City girl Lucy Denson cooks for a logging crew in the Mississippi backwoods until she can return to her idea of civilization back in Chicago. Can lumberjack Eli Everett convince that her happiness lies not in the city, but with him in the piney woods?

(Originally published in The 12 Brides of Summer Novella Collection)


My Review

I've loved books featuring lumberjacks ever since I read The Measure of Katie Calloway by Serena B. Miller. It also reminds me of a movie I saw in my childhood- The Journey of Natty Gann. I love the setting of the woods, the era, and the hardworking ethic of the people in the industry- both men and women. This novella by Pam Hillman brought all of that to life. Eli's first impression of Lucy is that she's too fragile for the life, but she quickly proves him wrong with her eagerness to help and determination to learn. It's so sweet how Eli's mother teaches Lucy how to cook since she no longer can. I wish the timeline was a bit longer for their romance to add more depth, but it is a lovely story and one I enjoyed reading. This author's writing style appeals to me.

Disclosure statement: A complimentary copy of this book was provided from a tour group, publisher, publicist, or author, including NetGalley, OR was borrowed from the library, including OverDrive, OR borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, OR purchased. A review was not required and all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and my own.

Don't miss the previous book in the Mississippi Piney Woods series . . .







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!